We get asked a lot about which soil improver to use on which types of soil – here’s the low down.
Both are peat free high performing soil improvers made from composted green and woody plant material.
They will both:
- Enhance soil texture and moisture retention
- Increase levels of organic matter
- Increase nutrients reducing fertilizer requirements
- Add soil micro-organisms and fungi which helps suppress soil-borne populations of some plant diseases
- Reduce soil compaction and erosion
- Improve plant survival and growth
Green Goodness is made to 10mm grade and works well when added to all types of soil. For clay soils, Green Goodness will add organic matter that helps to break up the clay soil and improve drainage and soil compaction. In sandy soil it will help to improve water retention within the soil while also providing slow release nutrients.
Kelpie Compost does pretty much the same thing but is a finer grade compost with hand harvested seaweed added. The benefits of the added seaweed include the addition of over 80 minerals, essential trace elements, vitamins and natural plant growth hormones including Cytokinins, which stimulate plant growth.
If you are not sure which to go for, give us a call on 0131 339 5554 and we will help you decide.
Scottish Borders Green Goodness Collection Voucher£10.00 inc VAT
Caledonian Kelpie Compost Builder’s Bag£60.00 inc VAT
Caledonian Green Goodness Builder’s Bag£40.00 inc VAT
Kelpie Compost 40L£4.75 inc VAT
Green Goodness 40L£3.50 inc VAT